I see articles all the time with that title and it usually goes something like this:
- Get this gear not that
- Get that gear and not this
- Start social media and marketing plan
- Blah Blah Blah
- – 10 More Blah Blah
What I do not see, and even when I am searching for it specifically is advising new photographers to organize their shit.
I learned too late that I had no plan for organizing my digital images and I am paying the price for it.
So here’s my advice:
- Delete your shit. Save the few you want/need but delete the rest. What are you going to do with it? The answer is nothing.
- Organize that shit. Have two sets of images; your edits and then your originals.
- Organize by month and year- Example folder: 10-2019, 11-2019 etc
That’s it is all for now.